relevance Incentives glance advance

Filming on NC Roads/Highways

Although not a permitting agency, the North Carolina Film Office works with the North Carolina Department of Transportation on your behalf when requesting permission and assistance to shoot on or near state-maintained roads or highways.

Whether you're shooting b-roll or staging a major stunt, the process will go more smoothly with our guarantee of proper channeling. Complete the form below to start the process.

Please submit your paperwork at least two (2) weeks prior to your proposed shoot. If you have an especially complicated shoot, requiring stunts, car chases, etc., submit your request a month in advance.

*For road and traffic assistance on city or county roads, please contact the local police department where you are filming for appropriate permits or assistance.


Contact Locations Directory App Eat Sleep Play