In the Office
Any office environment should accomplish the following goals: minimize waste, make environmentally friendly purchases, move towards paperless production, and of course, recycle.
Leadership is paramount:
- Directors and actors must commit to recycling, printing scripts double-sided, receiving changes via email, and reducing their waste.
- Challenge employees to create solutions and ideas to reduce the amount of waste that is created.
- Insure recycling bins are set up next to trash bins and make sure the bins and signs for recycling are apparent.
- Send messages electronically rather than using a courier.
- All batteries should be of the rechargeable variety.
- Ink cartridges should be recycled or remanufactured.
- For larger supplies such as electronics (i.e. computers and peripherals), all short term productions should rent machines instead of purchasing them outright.