Code of Conduct
To the Production Industry:
Please strive to keep a good working relationship with the local community. By doing so, you will not only make your job easier, you will ensure a good working relationship of all future production companies filming in the area. Please adhere to the following guidelines established by the Association of Film Commissioners International (as adapted by the North Carolina Film Office):
- When filming in a neighborhood or business district, proper notification is to be provided to each merchant or neighbor who is directly affected by the company (this includes parking, base camps, and meal areas). The filming notice should include:
- Name of the company
- Name of the production
- Kind of production
- Type of activity and duration (times, dates, and number of days including prep and strike)
- Company contact (first assistant director, unit production manager, location manager, etc.)
- Production vehicles arriving on location in or near a residential neighborhood should enter the area at a time no earlier than that stipulated in the permit and park one by one, turning off engines as soon as possible. Cast and crew shall wear his/her pass while on location.
- When a production pass identifying the employee is issued, every member of the crew shall wear it while at the location.
- The removal, moving, or towing of the public's vehicles is strictly prohibited without the express permission of the municipal jurisdiction or the owner of the vehicle.
- Do not park production vehicles in, or block driveways, without the express permission of the municipal jurisdiction or driveway owner.
- Cast and crew meals shall be confined to the area designated in the location agreement or permit. Individuals shall eat within their designated meal area, during scheduled crew meals. All trash must be disposed of properly upon completion of the meal.
- Removal, trimming, and/or cutting of vegetation is prohibited unless approved by the permit authority or property owner.
- Remember to use the proper receptacles for disposal of all napkins, plates, bottles, and cups you may use in the course of a working day.
- All signs erected or removed for filming purposes will be removed or replaced upon completion of the use of that location unless otherwise stipulated by the location agreement or permit. Also remember to remove all signs posted to direct the company to the location.
- Every member of the cast and crew will keep noise levels as low as possible.
- Articles of clothing that do not display common sense and good taste shall not be worn by crew members. Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times, unless otherwise directed.
- Crew members shall not display signs, posters, or pictures on vehicles that do not reflect common sense or good taste (i.e. pin-up posters).
- Do not trespass onto other neighbors/or merchants property. Remain within the boundaries of the property that has been permitted for filming.
- The cast and crew shall not bring guests or pets to the location, unless expressly authorized in advance by the company.
- Make sure all catering, craft service, construction strike, and personal trash is removed from the location.
- Observe designated smoking areas and always extinguish cigarettes in butt cans.
- Cast and crew will refrain from the use of lewd or improper language within earshot of the general public.
- The company will comply at all times with the provisions of the filming permit.